Monday, September 8, 2008

eBay & Craigslist

The title says it all for those who are familiar with these two web sites that allow for goods (& more) to be exchanged on their websites. With a four-year old birthday coming up one week from yesterday, I'm seeking to do some basic shopping. This time, I was motivated to find some used golf clubs, as my son really enjoys the idea of the game. I say "idea" because his experience is mostly limited to miniature golf and the ability to smack plastic golf balls with plastic golf clubs.

Now, our Little Tykes Golf Set gets a lot of use! I've debated the past few days and then decided that maybe we'd try something a little more "real" to gauge his interest. We saw a junior set of clubs at a local sporting goods store and the putter just seemed to fit him a lot better than most of what we see; naturally being made for preschool kids this is no surprise!

Still, $100 for a set of sticks for a preschool kid is rough, especially when 'Dad' is a poor golfer at best and rarely plays. The game is a lot of fun, but the money and time commitments are more than I can give right now.

Now, fortunately back to the titled establishments. In short, my eBay bid to $17 did not work (shipping was another $18) and I saw the bid go to $31 bringing the total to $49 for the lucky bidder. I was able to find a craigslist solution that, although not super close to the house, it's something I can investigate and hopefully finalize on later this week, and spend the same amount ($35) as I was planning to spend on ebay.

Now, if a four-year old can keep his eye on the ball, we'll have to see what happens!

No comments: